none
schema for avp file and dsml for extensible connectivity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am in a fix.

I am using extensible management agent for managing users and groups  from an SQL DB .I have been given a wcf web service dll through which i have to call the functions and add/modify/delete users from DB but when it comes to group,trouble starts. I have tried CSV but it does,t support multivalued attributes.AVP,LDIF and DSMl file support the same but i don't have any reference for the scema of AVP and DSML file to export members to this DB. I have function in wcf web service which updates the group with its members. but i am not able to find the schema and the template import file for populating the members of a group and exporting the same to db. Please help.

HBB

Monday, December 3, 2012 7:36 AM

All replies

• Are you using the ECMA2 management agent, if so then you not necessary need a AVP file and you can just call the webservice when doing your export, however it is very easy to write a AVP file through code is that what you are seeking for, but the AVP file is only for importing, exporting is done directly (when using the call based management agent)?

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi Paul,

I just need to export newly added member to a function of the wcf web service which in turn will add it to SQL DB.(I don't have access to the same). How can i call the webservice for each member added to that group without joining the groups through AVP?Can the export be directly done? I have created a AVP as Attribute_Anchor,Attribute_Name,Attribute_Value where attribute_anchor is the GroupAccountName,Attribute_Name is member(referenced multivalued) and attribute_value will be the members lanID. Is this OK for AVP export to happen?

HBB

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:26 AM
  • I have a Target system in which i need to add users and add members to groups through extensible connectivity. I am able to import,sync and export users in a single extensible MA. For groups i created another XMA with AVP import file and member attribute as reference multivalued. I joined the groups with FIM based on AccountName but the Members are not getting updated. When running preview i found that the members are not getting updated because there is no connector available for the newly added member in the group management Agent (XMA). I need a schema file in which i can manage both users and groups. so that whenever i update group members it shows group updated and whenever a person object it shows person modified. 

• How should be the schema file?
    • can we export members to a group without import file?if yes then please provide assistance.
    • can users and group be managed from a single XMA?

Please help as this is critical.

HBB

Friday, December 7, 2012 5:34 PM
  • You can add an additional column for the objecttype, within the XMA configuration you can define what attributes you have for a person and a group. 

- The schema file is almost the same but needs at least a column for the objecttype

- if you don't want to have a import file, look at the ECMA2 (if you are running the FIM 2010 update or R2 release) the ECMA2 has the option to export without confirming import

- you can manage both from a single xma

Need realtime FIM synchronization and advanced reporting? check out the new http://www.imsequencer.com that supports FIM 2010, Omada Identity Manager, SQL, File, AD or Powershell real time synchronization!

Monday, December 10, 2012 6:47 AM
  • Thanks Paul.

My Schema file is as below:-

UserID:

FirstName:

LastName:

UserEnailID:

GroupName:

Members:

where to add the objectType and how to link them with metaverse.

here i get groupName and Members till no. of groups=no. of users. after that these attributes are blank.

if i add an attribute ObjectType then how will i join groups with GroupName and person objectType with UserID.

moreover, if there is a single schema then a group with a particular user will get deleted when that user record is deleted.

Please help

HBB

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:11 AM
  • You can add the objecttype attribute within the XMA properties 'Configure attributes', within this page you can select 'Advanced' where you select the 'Define object class' where you select the attribute column that indicates what object type is set.

When you have 2 object types you can define the attributes for each, and within the join and attribute flow configuration pages you can differentiate between those 2 object types.

Monday, December 10, 2012 11:20 AM