none
Customizing Cube Reports Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am fairly new to Project Server and I have been tasked with implementing Project Server 2013 into an enterprise environment. We are currently on Project Server 2003, and I am having a hard time understanding how to properly create reports/views from the cubes in 2013. Specifically, I am trying to recreate report views for various departments, and I have found that the Portfolio Analyzer virtual cube gives me all of the fields I need except one that is in the project non-timephased area. What is the best way to go about getting all of these needed fields into the same report?

Thank you!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:48 AM

All replies

• Chris,

It depends. If it is a custom field that follows the standards of the OLAP Cubes, it could 'probably' be added.

Do you have access to Central Admin? If yes, Select the name of the cube, and click configuration. On this screen, drop down various dimensions and measures, and it will show you the fields that you are able to add.

If the field you are looking for still is not available, then you will need to look into writing your own MDX formula, or use a third party tool like OLAP Picot Table extensions, dependinng on your need.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:04 AM
  • Prasanna,

The ECF that I am trying to incorporate into my report is being collected into the cube database. The issue that I am having is that this field is present with the Project Non-Timephased data and is not presented into the Portfolio Analyzer virtual cube which is Assingment Timephased and Resource Timephased data.

I feel that my lack of reporting knowledge is what is holding me back. I am currently using Project Server 2003 where all fields are represented in one cube file. Is there a way to create a report based on multiple cube files (ie, combining the Project Non-Timephased data with the Portfolio Analyzer)?

Thanks!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:52 PM