Sequencing Acrobat XI Pro with AppV 4.6 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if there are any improvements with sequencing Acrobat XI Pro with AppV 4.6 SP2?

I cannot find any documentation on sequencing Acrobat XI Pro - I have seen that Adobe Reader XI supports sequencing now, does the same apply to Acrobat XI Pro? 

I have tried running through the App-V Deployment for Reader XI on the Adobe website and looked at links on sequencing Acrobat X but am not sure what has changed since Acrobat X for Acrobat XI.

Is Acrobat XI still a candidate to install locally?

Thanks,

• Edited by glloyd78 Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:40 AM
    • Moved by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:38 PM Please do not post questions in the Sequencing Recipe forum
    • Edited by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:41 PM Remove HOWTO from the title, because this isn't a how to document
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:39 AM

Answers

• The App-V deployment piece that Adobe provides for Reader XI, supports Reader only not Acrobat. There are several additional components in Acrobat including the Distiller and printer driver that aren't ideal candidates for virtualization.

Reader XI- App-V Deployment

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:38 PM