none
Adding an array to DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am adding a 2nd array to a dpm 2010 server. The old array is almost completely full. How do I make use of the new space without wiping out the existing data? I added it as a drive in DPM. What happens if I create a spanned volume?

Any help appreciated

Alex

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If you added the new array disk to the DPM storage pool, then nothing else is required, DPM will extend volume(s) or create new volumes as needed on the newly added drive.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you added the new array disk to the DPM storage pool, then nothing else is required, DPM will extend volume(s) or create new volumes as needed on the newly added drive.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:06 AM
  • Thanks! The problem was that I did not leave the new array as unallocated. I had formatted etc...once I deleted the volume and added to DPM all is well
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:34 PM