Windows Central Store on DC and Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of going through the walkthrough: Use Group Policy to configure Update for Business to deploy updates to my endpoints using GPO. Under preparing a servicing strategy a configuration of the Central Store is required. This page: Central Store asks:

To create a Central Store for .admx and .adml files, create a new folder that is named PolicyDefinitions in the following location (for example) on the domain controller:

\\contoso.com\SYSVOL\contoso.com\policies\PolicyDefinitions

I have downloaded the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 May 2020 Update.msi - my question is if i create a folder under policies let say "PolicyDefinitions-2004" do I copy the .msi file to this folder and execute it? What is the point of creating this folder?

The support article further asks you to:

Copy all files from the PolicyDefinitions folder on a source computer to the new PolicyDefinitions folder on the domain controller. The source location can be either of the following:

The C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder on a Windows 8.1-based or Windows 10-based client computer
    The C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Group Policy\<version-specific>\PolicyDefinitions folder if you have downloaded any of the Administrative Templates separately from the links above

I am very confused, if the workstation from which I am copying the PolicyDefinitions folder is at 1909 for example then what is the point of downloading the 1909 msi package.

Am I going too much down a rabbit hole here? Do I need to do all of this? All I am looking to do is configure a GPO so that domain workstations automatically update and update for other Microsoft products automatically and immediately when they are available, I want to wait three months to install a feature update. Currently this is the result of RSOP on a domain connected computer where the GPO has been applied successfully; however, the installation of the updates are not triggering:

When I go to Windows Update under Settings on this test computer, I see three updates with status "pending download" and a "Download" button to download said updates. Why are they not downloading and installing automatically?

What am I doing wrong? Please help.

• Edited by Muq.B Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:15 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:09 PM