Recent RMS template for Office 2013 is not getting updated. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a testing environment of server 2008 R2 as DC, Exchange server 2010 SP3 as a CAS server and Mailbox server and Server 2012 R2 as a RMS Server. I have integrated the RMS Server with Exchange server too as well office 2013 and it is working fine. But the issue i am facing now is there is no update on recent RMS templates for Office 2013 even though i could see those template on OWA. I have been trying to see the update for template on office 2013 but not able to see it.

Visiting few forums, i found that i need to make running "AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)" service on task scheduler. Which I have been doing, but yet not able to see the recent updated template on my Office 2013.

Can anyone help me with it?

Thank you for your solution.

• Edited by AerrowMVP Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:43 AM
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 9:42 AM

All replies

• Can anyone please help me on this????
    Monday, March 9, 2015 5:05 PM
  • Hi Aerrow,

Can you please try following:

1. Download https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38396 RMS Client 2.1 and install it on your client machine. Reboot and see if it helped.

2. If not, use the old school way:

a) add in client's registry   HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\DRM\AdminTemplatePath (type: Expandable String Value, value:

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\DRM\Templates)

b) run following command on client (it will enable automated task)

schtasks /Change /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\Active Directory Rights Management Services Client\AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Automated)” /ENABLE.

BE WARNED that Automated task will be run within up to 1hour after client login to the pc. So to have it tested much quicker just open task scheduler and run manually task called "AD RMS Rights Policy Template Management (Manual)" it should copy  your template files (xml) to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\DRM\Templates folder - so you can check it afterwards :)

Hope this helps

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:44 PM