none
Tasks are not visible in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using MS Project 2016 - and MS Project server 2016 - when I created project and published the project and visible in PWA under projects, but when I clicked on Tasks it showing empty and timesheets also showing empty can you please suggest me where I'm wrong..

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are the tasks assigned to your resource / user account in the project? Who is the default assignment owner?

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 12:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for quick reply, yes, tasks has assigned to resource in project, the default assignment owner was the resources itself,

if i'm wrong here, then how to change the default assignment owner as only the default assignment owner itself see their tasks ?, and I have full admin rights, in least case also the admin should have able to all the tasks which are assigned to resources ?

and the email notifications also not triggering after assigning and publishing the tasks, is there any settings needs to change, I made all necessary settings Personal settings --> Manage my alerts and reminders, Manage my resource alerts and reminders..

Hope, you understood..

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Hello,

Are the tasks you are expecting to see in the Tasks page or Timesheet page assigned to the same user account that you are using to access those pages in PWA?

You can insert the assignment owner column in the view in Project Pro, does the name match the resource name? Again, the same user/ resource that you are using when accessing PWA? Admins don't see all tasks in the /Tasks or /Timesheets pages, those pages show you as the user what you are assigned to. The Admin user will only see the tasks they are assigned in those pages.

The email notifications are probably related the issue above assuming oyu have turned on notification emails from the Additional Server Settings page.

Paul

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, I want to see the tasks which were assigned by me in Tasks page and all the timesheets page as well, with the same user account that using to access PWA..

The assignment owner and resource name were matching with each other..

As a Admin id I'm unable to see any task or timesheet in in both task and timesheet tab..

If more info required I will insert screen shots

Thanks..

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 12:03 PM
  • Hello,

Assigned by you or assigned to you?

Does the resource name you see appear in the Resource Center in PWA?

Paul

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 1:36 PM
  • Something obvious but I still keep forgetting about is publishing the project (sorry if it seems like I'm teaching you to suck eggs).

Also something that happened to me recently, In Resources table, and 'Edit User': if you are using project permissions remember to click on 'Associate resource with user' check box. 

Also I found a resource was in the system twice even though one name showed up in the Resources table. In Server Settings, click on 'Delete enterprise objects' and Resources and see if there are two of the same name there, delete both and start again. 

Finally in the URL of your IE type in https://xxx.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa/_api/Projectdata/Resources to see the Resources table meta data and search the name that doesn't produce tasks.  If it's there twice then probably best to call MS support.

Good luck

James

• Edited by JamesP435 Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, March 1, 2017 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, the resource name was appearing in the Resource Center in PWA..

Thanks,

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:43 PM
  • So for example:

1. You're called "Venu A"
    2. "Vena A" is added to Project Online by the PWA Administrator as a Resource that can login (also a user - add the user logon account). Ensure the Default Assignment Owner is "Venu A" - it is by default so no need to change it
    3. You create a new project in Project desktop client and create a task called Task A, you build the team (Ctrl + T) and add yourself - "Venu A"
    4. Then in the Resource Name column for the row that has Task A you select "Venu A" from the menu
    5. Save and Publish the Project to Project Online
    6. Access Project Online PWA with your account "Vena A" using the same credentials used when creating "Venu A" in step 2
    7. Access the Tasks page and you will see Task A

Is this the process you have followed? Doesn't have to be exactly that as you could have created the project in PWA etc. but that same concept applies.

Paul

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 10:58 PM
  • Hi Paul,

I am having the same issue  - one of my team members is not able to view his tasks from the Task Page in PWA. However, I am able to view my tasks.

We are both the default assignment owners to our resources, we have tasks assigned in the same project and the project has been saved and published.

Any clue what could be causing this and how I can resolve it?

Regards,

Faith.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Hi Faith 

Below could be one of possible reasons. can you check 

1. Ensure plan is published and reporting job went thru successfully in Queue jobs
    2. In the resource sheet ensure all are enterprise resource. to check insert a column called "Enterprise" in resource         sheet and value must be Yes for them
    3. Does they have user account in PWA (they must be user not resource)
    4. Is this issue for Specific task / resource
    5. Open a project in MPP -> Insert a column called "Publish" set to "NO" publish the plan
       later set to "YES" then publish the plan

Let me know if problem persist 

Regards

Santosh

Sunday, May 24, 2020 4:24 PM