outlook 2010 will not open RRS feed

• Question

• I receive this message when opening outlook 2010. 

unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft exchange server is not available. either there are network problems or the exchange server is down. 

Has anyone run into this issue before and how would I resolve it.  No users can access email from outlook 2010 but OWA works.

• Edited by MD425 Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:47 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 7:46 PM

Answers

• I have resolved this there was a service turned off called Microsoft Exchange RPC Client access service on the exchange server.  turned that on and it allowed me to open Microsoft outlook 2010.

• Edited by MD425 Friday, August 30, 2019 5:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by MD425 Friday, August 30, 2019 5:42 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi MD425,

Does this issue occur to all users or specific users?

This error could be related with many aspects. We can first create a new profile to see if it helps. Please open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add. Follow the instruction to configure the email account and see if it helps.

Besides, we can also repair Office. To do this, please go to Control Panel > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

What’s more, please try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues.

Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Please also have a look at Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if any fault module will be recorded there so that we can do more research.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, August 30, 2019 4:09 AM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 4:08 AM
  • I have tried to Repair Office 2010, try to open outlook in safe mode with no success.  I have not tried to create a new mail profile.  but it is happening with all users that cannot access Outlook 2010. OWA works fine for now.  On the exchange server i do see multiple event logs. One of which says event ID 4001 MSExchange system attendant mailbox.  

Creatinga new mail profile did not work. it mention i had to login with my current profile before i can sync the folders.

• Edited by MD425 Friday, August 30, 2019 4:54 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 2:55 PM
  • I have resolved this there was a service turned off called Microsoft Exchange RPC Client access service on the exchange server.  turned that on and it allowed me to open Microsoft outlook 2010.

• Edited by MD425 Friday, August 30, 2019 5:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by MD425 Friday, August 30, 2019 5:42 PM
    Friday, August 30, 2019 5:41 PM
  • So glad to see that your issue has been fixed. Thank you for sharing the update here which will benefit other users a lot:)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 31, 2019 1:57 AM