How to give admin rights to non-admin users only for IIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have an environment with lot of developers those who normally requests for local admin rights on web servers as well as desktop. They need these rights mainly to access IIS with all admin privileges. We are in a process of restricting their admin rights only for IIS application. Could anyone please help us to set up these privileges at domain level. I searched for answers on most of the websites. but no luck.

Thanks

Jeyasakthi 

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:59 AM

Answers

• As discussed with Microsoft team on raising a request for this, i got an answer that giving admin rights to specific application (especially) IIS is not possible. Only we can delegate site permission access to other users.

Thanks for the help :)

• Marked as answer by Jeya sakthi Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:04 AM
    Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:05 AM

All replies

• Take a look at this article on configuring Feature Delegation in IIS 7. It will also depend on what version of IIS you are using.

You could also write some PowerShell or VBScripts to do the main IIS tasks your developers need to do and delegate rights to run them with System Frontier. That way the developers won't need admin rights and will be less likely to break anything since all tasks will be automated.

Friday, January 10, 2014 6:11 AM
  • As discussed with Microsoft team on raising a request for this, i got an answer that giving admin rights to specific application (especially) IIS is not possible. Only we can delegate site permission access to other users.

Thanks for the help :)

• Marked as answer by Jeya sakthi Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:04 AM
    Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:05 AM