Microsoft Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Microsoft:

• When I open "Edge" I get an error message the start page with content from MSN.COM is not reachable...
    • I am using my new HP15 laptop with WIN 10 in Shanghai and whether I have a VPN on or off, I get the same result.
    • I have searched the other answers to Edge not working properly, but none seem to cover this exact issue..
    • I have loading into "Setting" for Edge to open with a specific page and entered the following URL: https://www.msn.com
    • Nothing loads when I reopen EDGE or restart my laptop.
    • I have updated WIN10 to latest version and I believe this included the Anniversary update, although I am not able to that version in the list.
    • In my update history the following is listed.
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176495)

I appreciate any help and guidance I can get.

Regards:

Mike Burton

• Moved by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:04 PM Not a CM12 Q
    Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:30 AM

Answers

• Hi sasquachnw,

Is it available to browse the msn webpage from Internet Explorer and Edge?

Try to flush the dns with the command line "ipconfig /flushdns".

"I have loading into "Setting" for Edge to open with a specific page and entered the following URL: https://www.msn.com"
    Try to remove this configuration and open with a blank page.

Clear the browse history.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:43 AM

All replies

• So does Internet Explorer work ok? If not then that suggests there is bigger network issues. If that is case have a look at Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

If it is just Edge, have you deleting all browsing history see if that helps?

If still no good try resetting Edge, delete the contents of;

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

Clears it, including favourites and all. That does break Edge for the user. To get it running again from an admin PowerShell prompt;

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Saturday, August 20, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Nothing loads when I reopen EDGE or restart my laptop.

In addition, to workaround the case where Edge is trying to load your last opened tabs, you could start it with a command line operand.   E.g.   Run...  microsoft-edge://about:blank

It may be necessary to make sure that there are no other Edge tasks running.   You can use a PowerShell pipeline to do that:

Get-Process  *Edge*  |  Stop-Process

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, August 21, 2016 12:41 AM
  • Hi sasquachnw,

Is it available to browse the msn webpage from Internet Explorer and Edge?

Try to flush the dns with the command line "ipconfig /flushdns".

"I have loading into "Setting" for Edge to open with a specific page and entered the following URL: https://www.msn.com"
    Try to remove this configuration and open with a blank page.

Clear the browse history.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:40 AM