sigmatel high definition audio recording device for Microsoft Vista RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a 1500 Vostro with Microsoft Vista configuration and the built in mic was working fine until about 4:00pm when I restarted the computer. Then if I tried to use Skype or gtalk, or any recording program, I would always get the same message that there was no recording device detected. so then I  went to control panel and manage audio devices to see what my default recording device was. There the default recording device is checkmarked Microphone Array and it will not let me use my "microphone line in" as the default. So I don't know how to get my system to go back to using the built in mic that my laptop came with. Please help.
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 1:04 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, I suggest we use the following steps to roll back the driver and check the result as the issue can be caused by installing driver update.

1.       Open Control Panel, click the 'Classic View' on the left side menu.

2.       Double click the 'Device Manger'

3.       Expand 'Sound, video and game controllers'

4.       Right Click your audio device and select Properties.

5.       Click the 'Driver Tab'

6.       Click the 'Rollback Driver' button.

Follow the instructions to roll back the display adapter driver to the previous version.

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:53 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, I suggest we use the following steps to roll back the driver and check the result as the issue can be caused by installing driver update.

1.       Open Control Panel, click the 'Classic View' on the left side menu.

2.       Double click the 'Device Manger'

3.       Expand 'Sound, video and game controllers'

4.       Right Click your audio device and select Properties.

5.       Click the 'Driver Tab'

6.       Click the 'Rollback Driver' button.

Follow the instructions to roll back the display adapter driver to the previous version.

Monday, June 23, 2008 7:53 AM
  • I did what you suggested but my recording device still isn't working. The microphone icon is still red and the message reads that it is not plugged in. What should I do?

Saturday, July 5, 2008 1:44 AM
  •  

Hi

I am having the same problem with my Inspiron E1705, did you ever get your mic working?  If so could you share any information on how you got it working?

I would appreciate any help you or anyone else could provide.

Karen

Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:21 PM
  • Yup me to the same problem...rolled back to previous and still say not plugged in -- no device found...my sound works but my microphone just doesn't seem to want to work !!!!!
    • Proposed as answer by Phazeless Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:08 PM
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 6:10 PM
  • Hello,

I have an XPS M1530. It is using the SigmaTel STAC 92XX HD audio driver. Here's what I did to get control of my input and output jacks:

1. I opened Control Panel and clicked the 'Classic View" on the left side menu.

2. I clicked on the SigmaTel Audio icon.

3. It brought up a box with icons for each of my headphone and microphone jacks.

4. I plugged in my microphone.

5. It dropped down a box to ask whether I wanted to plug in a microphone or a line in device.

6. I could now choose whether I wanted to plug in a mic or a line in device or even rear speakers.

7. The other jacks could be configued also.

8. In addition, at least as long as the box was opened, when I plugged something in it was detected and the menu dropped down.
        it would also detect when nothing was plugged in and reconnect my built in microphones.

I hope this helps you.

• Proposed as answer by Phazeless Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:20 PM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 9:20 PM