Monitoring a group of terminal servers only via the Terminal services management pack RRS feed

• Question

• We are using SCOM 2008 R2 and have deployed the terminal servers management pack.  We have a mixture of windows 2003 and windows 2008 terminal servers in our network, but we only want to monitor some of the terminal servers, is this possible to do.  I would prefer to create a group and then add only the terminal servers that I want to monitor through this management pack.  Whats the best way to do this.

Also we do not want to monitor terminal servers in remote admin mode.

Friday, November 26, 2010 12:33 PM

Answers

• You can disable the ts class discovery for all servers and then enable it again for only the servers you want to monitor.
    Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, November 29, 2010 7:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:53 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 1:08 PM
  • First disable the discovery again, the run Remove-DisabledMonitoringObject cmdlet in Command Shell, then re-enable the discovery for your group.
    HTH, Jonathan Almquist - MSFT
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 4:45 AM

All replies

• You can disable the ts class discovery for all servers and then enable it again for only the servers you want to monitor.
    Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, November 29, 2010 7:48 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 1:08 PM
  • Hi i set an override on the ts class discovery to disable for all servers and then created an override again which i enabled for a group I created which contains all the terminal servers we want to monitor but the discovery of all terminal servers is still there , is there anything else i need to do.
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 9:39 AM
  • First disable the discovery again, the run Remove-DisabledMonitoringObject cmdlet in Command Shell, then re-enable the discovery for your group.
    HTH, Jonathan Almquist - MSFT
    Saturday, December 4, 2010 4:45 AM