How does the site map work on a publishing site? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a publishing site and we have added a site map to it. It seems to be displaying whatever it wants. I thought that the navigation would drive it, but it is showing 2 out of three of the forums in the one sub site, when in navigation all we have is the subsite showing. I am at the top level of the site when I am looking at this. Do I need to make adjustments in the navigation in every sub site on the site to make this work right? I was assuming it would just pick up what thenavigation was allowing.
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Monday, January 30, 2012 6:46 AM Always use the question type
    Monday, January 30, 2012 12:34 AM

Answers

• Although the navigation indeed drives the site map it turns out the person that made that site had used threaded.aspx instead of default.aspx as the main page of the fourm that wasn't showing up, and deleted the default.aspx page. For that reason the site map would not recognize the forum as a legitimate top level page and left it off of the map. When I renamed it, it showed right up where it was supposed to be.
    Friday, February 3, 2012 12:34 PM

All replies