none
Splitting time reporting periods in two RRS feed

• Question

• Hi y'all,

It's been a while since I frequented these forums (back when I was PS 2003 admin). I hope you will forgive my unfaithfulness in the mean time :-) We have 2010 up and more or less running now.

A consultant set up weekly time reporting periods for 2012. Since we shall be going live on Oct 1st, I tried to delete all periods before that, but was only able to delete the periods before 13 Aug 2012. I also cannot delete the periods until Dec 30, 2012. I assume PS needs at least 20 periods or something?

Anyway, when a month ends in the middle of a week, I need to create two periods, one for all weekdays in one month, and one for the remainder of the week in the other. For instance, October 2012 ends on a Wednesday. I want to create one period from 29-31 October and one from 1-4 November. I would like to call them "Week 44 - Oct" and "Week 44 - Nov".

I know how this can be done by manually by creating one period at a time. However, I am unable to change the dates on the existing week 44 and therefore cannot insert another week 44 because the dates overlap and PS doesn't allow overlapping periods.

And since I cannot delete any of the periods, I cannot start from scratch either. What can be done?

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 9:29 AM

All replies

• Erm, not much....

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:25 AM
  • I deleted all timesheets that were associated with the weeks I wanted to split. Then I created the new reporting periods as required.

Deleting timesheets is not an option I intend to use often, but since we're not yet live,I figured it wouldn't do much harm.

While we're on the subject: what happens to the actuals of timesheets deleted by the admin?

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Ah, well I apologise then for my last post.  The acutals will stay on the project - timesheets and project data are seperate entities.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:07 AM