none
Copy Latest Recovery Points to tape for entire protection Group RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have DPM 2016 running on W2K12R2

we also have multiple protection Groups nearly 12

a new requirement says Every 15 Days we have to transfer a copy of our infrastructure to a remote location

what i need: is it possible to copy latest recovery data on the DPM to a tape manually then send it to remote location ?

can power shell do that ? for example copy the latest Data of five protection groups to an Lto 7 tape ?

Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:09 PM

All replies

• You can use StarWind VTL https://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-cloud-vtl-for-veeam for this purposes. It stores your backups in a virtual tape format which can be pushed to a cloud based on retention policy, stored on local drives or being written to physical tapes. It primarily supports VEEAM but works with any backup software that is compatible with tapes so DPM should be fine. AWS is currently supported as a cloud storage but Azure and Backblaze are coming very soon. Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Taras Shved

StarWind Software

Blog:   Twitter:   LinkedIN:  

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

• Edited by Taras Shved Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:40 AM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Hi Taras

thanks for you replay

we have DPM on both locations so the chance for buying new Item is Non we have to relay on What is available , one dpm server at each location .

the solution should not intervene with the current backup schedules (Tapes and Local disks)

i have tried power shell script to generate a list on latest available Recovery points based on date and time range please see

$DpmPGs = Get-DPMProtectionGroup -DPMServerName DPM_SERVER_NAME

foreach ($DpmPG in $DpmPgs) {

Get-DPMDatasource -ProtectionGroup $DpmPg | Get-DPMRecoveryPoint -OnlyActive | Where-Object {$_.BackupTime -gt '11/12/17' -AND $_.BackupTime -lt '11/13/17'}

}

the problem is i don't know how to tell power shell to write the above results On to a tape 

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:51 AM