none
file is loading very slow RRS feed

• Question

• i have been working on msproject 2013 for two years but i m facing one problem in master file and resource file. i have created one resource file for many projects because all the resources working in a single place and distributed over many projects running under a roof. i created master file for all projects  for taking a single glance .

i dont know why the size of resource file and master file is increasing and up to 30 MB , and behave of these file is very very slow or ends with hang.

if i create fresh file with all these data then behave of file become normal but with the using file again and again its behaviour goes to slow .

please give me solution

Friday, May 13, 2016 6:16 AM

All replies

• chandra,

Unfortunately linked structures, (e.g. dynamic master with subprojects, resource pool with sharer files, or a combination), are prone to corruption. Since you have both a resource pool and a master file, the chances are even greater.

The files in a linked structure must never be renamed, moved, overwritten, or saved off to another location. All files should reside in a single folder on a local hard drive. The structure should not be operated over a network. If you are doing any of these things then you are setting yourself up for corruption.

Files can also grow in size if you have added hyperlinks, additional graphics, or anything else that increases the overall complexity of the files.

You might want to take a look at the following Wiki article.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32054.ms-project-clearing-file-corruption-andor-bloat.aspx

Hope this helps.

John

Friday, May 13, 2016 2:27 PM