Problems with Windows Media Player RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Media Player 11 and I am having problems with playing some of my DVDs, they are playing kind of slowly or there are sounds that sounds strange and the film isn't running. I read in some of the other forums that there different kind of codecs to download and I would like to know which one or ones it is and where I can download these codecs from. I hope that someone can help with this problem as soon as possible.
    I have searched everywhere on the internet on all kinds of webpages on my own but with no luck at all.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

• May,

Windows 7 R elease C andidate (build number 7100 of this work-in-progress) of the is the currently available preview build of Microsoft's new edition of Windows, due for commercial release this October. Windows Media Player 12 is integrated into Windows 7, and as of now there is no standalone means of installing it.

It sounds like your question with a previous version of Windows would be better answered at Microsoft Answers .
    -Alex
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:04 PM

All replies

• First of all, are you testing Windows 7 RC 7100?

Second, WMP 11 is not included in the installation of Windows 7 RC 7100.  You should have WMP 12.

If you are watch DVD Movies with WMP and they're not working odds are WMP can't play it properly because it may not support the file type.  If you are using Windows 7 RC 7100 you might want to use Windows Media Center to watch DVD Movies.

If you insist on using WMP11 you can download the K-Lite Codec installation package here:

http://codecguide.com/
    GA P35 DQ6 Mb, Intel Wolfdale 8600 3.33Ghz C2D CPU., 4x2Gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 PC2 8500 Ascents Memory Mods., PNY-nVidia GE Force 8800 GTS (640MB), 4-Western Digital Caviar SATA(2) HDD's (internal), 1 EIDE-USB External; Hauppauge PVR 1600 TV tuner, Dual Monitor: (1) Standard up top, (1) WideScreen below; Altec Lansign Speakers...
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 7:49 PM
  • Media Center uses the Player for playback, so I'm not certain I understand that aspect of your comment?

K-Lite is w a r e z.  It also shouldn't add anything here.
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:07 PM
  • What's the file version of WMP according to WMP's Help:About?
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:08 PM
  • Hello! I need to know where I can download WMP 12 from, because I don't know what that means and I also would like to know what Windows 7 RC 7100 means and another thing I would like to know from where I can download the Windows Media Center from, because I have looked every where at the microsoft.com pages.
    And by the way I am using Windowa XP and Windows Media Player 11 and not Windows Vista.
    Please send me an answer as soon as possible.
    • Edited by May56 Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 10:55 AM
  • May,

Windows 7 R elease C andidate (build number 7100 of this work-in-progress) of the is the currently available preview build of Microsoft's new edition of Windows, due for commercial release this October. Windows Media Player 12 is integrated into Windows 7, and as of now there is no standalone means of installing it.

It sounds like your question with a previous version of Windows would be better answered at Microsoft Answers .
    -Alex
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:16 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:04 PM