Just wondering how best to set up these sites to bring Enterprise search into a team site RRS feed

• Question

• Our company SharePoint site wasn't really cutting it for what our department wanted so I was able to get a Team Site set up for us. One of the first things I set up for this was an Enterprise search Site within the Team Site and modified the results to only show the local Team Site documents. This all works well but the issue I have is that the Search Site is very separated from the Team Site and I really want to incorporate it in to the main Team Site so staff can easily navigate to it and navigate back.

Perfect outcome would be for the search site to be in the Quick Launch menu of the main Team site and for the Navigation bar at the top of the Search Site to carry on from the main Team site and not for the top level to be the beginning of the Search Site.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:25 PM

All replies

• I'm hoping that your team site is its own dedicated site collection. I would not recommend a search center for a specific subsite.

anyway.

From your team site (or really, the root site of a site collection), create a subsite, and choose the Enterprise Search Center template.

Switch the site search settings to use the new search center instead of the old search center.

Scott Brickey
    MCTS, MCPD, MCITP
    www.sbrickey.com

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:34 PM
  • I found the show sub site setting in the Navigation options of the Team Site but still unsure how to link a navigation link or show the Navigation quick links when using the Enterprise Search template

For the new Team Site I have create a new search scope.

• Edited by Johnward Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:07 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:00 PM