can dashboards display sub-reports from Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• Can somebody help me out with the dashboards related to reporting services reports.

I have been using the CRM reports to deploy on to sharepoint from performancepoint server.

In the dashboard designer of performancepoint server CRM reports developed in SSRS have been published and deployed onto sharepoint server as a dashboard. I would like to render the dashboard onto the CRM using the sharepoint URL. 

How do i pass the parameters for the sub reports in the URL so that I can gain access to the sub-reports when clicking on the main report in the dashboard.

Thx in Advance.

Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:43 AM

All replies

• I would assume that the main report would be providing the information for the parameters to the sub-report.  Is it not configured this way?  I guess I am not sure how the report is setup that you are trying to utilize.  Maybe you could provide some more background.  If the main report doesn't have the parameters then maybe you want to reference the sub-reports directly instead. 

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, February 19, 2010 1:15 AM

• thx for the reply dan.

My main concern is

can dashboards developed in dashboard designer using Performancepoint server and deployed onto sharepoint site . From the sharepoint site the dashboard is rendered onto CRM as a dashboard.
    Can we do a drill through on the dashboards and open corresponding CRM records ?
    For Ex: I have an activities  dashboard.When clickin on activities can that re-direct me to CRM application and open the corresponding activity?

One more question.

I have reports in CRM developed in SSRS. I want to use that report in my dashboard.
    All i did was saved the report on the report server, created a new dashboard in dashboard designer of performancepoint server,published the report onto dashboard,then deployed onto sharepoint ,now trying to render in CRM .
    I have an IFD environment and am not able to view the dashboard in CRM .
    Any guidance in the right path is appreciated.

Thx in Advance.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 7:14 AM