I can't renew a certificate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've got a problem with certificate renewal (Win 2008 Std SP2 x64).

Yesterday was an expiration date of a certificate which is used to autenthicate the clients when they are trying to log on to system. After that no smart card is working at all, and I have to log them by login/password.

The problem is, that I cant renew that certificate - every time I try, I get the information like: "The target principal name is incorrect. The certificate request could not be submitted to the certification authority."

Can anyone, please, help me to solve that issue?

Here's the printscreen: h**p://i64.tinypic.com/2mmu1ec.gif

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 1:09 PM

Answers

• Hi, today I managed to get the proper CA server on the list. The problem was - in the ADSIEdit's container: CN=Enrollment Services, CN=Public Key Services, CN=Services, there was Win2012 in the DNS entry. Changing that to 2k8, let me to see and choose proper CA server.

But it's not the end of my problem, because now I can select the proper CA from the Server Certificates list, but after I click on Finish it gives me the following message: "The certificate request was submitted to the online authority but was not issued. The request was denied".

Anyone knows how to solve that to properly renew the certificate?
    • Marked as answer by 08003 Friday, December 11, 2015 1:15 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 9:56 AM

All replies

• Hi, today I managed to get the proper CA server on the list. The problem was - in the ADSIEdit's container: CN=Enrollment Services, CN=Public Key Services, CN=Services, there was Win2012 in the DNS entry. Changing that to 2k8, let me to see and choose proper CA server.

But it's not the end of my problem, because now I can select the proper CA from the Server Certificates list, but after I click on Finish it gives me the following message: "The certificate request was submitted to the online authority but was not issued. The request was denied".

Anyone knows how to solve that to properly renew the certificate?
    • Marked as answer by 08003 Friday, December 11, 2015 1:15 PM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 9:56 AM
  • OK, I managed to make it working back.
    Friday, December 11, 2015 1:15 PM