none
I configure Group Policy for "Administrators" using "restricted group", but now new USB-devices install drivers very long

Question

• Hello!

I configure Group Policy for local gorup "Administrators" using "restricted group".

Now I insert new USB-devices in computer and must wait  10-15 minutes before use new device:

drvinst.exe start 3-4 times, and every time rewrite pnf-files.

P.S. I include in "administrators"  this acoounts and groups: "administrators", "administrator", system service, Local Service, Network Service.

Thank you!

Sunday, September 27, 2015 5:23 PM

Answers

• Hi rebookveslo,

Thanks for your post.

What policy do you configure? Do the problem only happen to the one server or the other client?

If it's not the server, for testing purpose,  could you please try to boot into Safe Mode to check the result and try to create the new account to check the result.

Besides, you could try to disconnect all USB devices  in Device Manager and restart your computer and check the result if it is just from client.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:16 AM