bulid 9926 problem getting on the internet RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed build 9926 and now it won't let me on the internet. I have everything set up same as my other computers  and they are not having ay problems plus my other pc s' on my home network can see my win 10 pc and it can see all my other pc's And there is no problem communicating between the different pc's. The only problem is build 9926 wil not let me on the net.

I would welcome any suggestion as to solving this problem.

Jay

Monday, February 23, 2015 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi grandpaofmany,

What is your current situation?

For Windows 10 can't access Internet, you may follow the steps listed in the article below:

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

You may also try to reinstall the NIC driver and check the issue again.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Windows 10  build9926 failed to boot and restored build 9879 with out any part from me. I'm currently getting on the internet just fine with the earlier build. I plan to try 9926 again shortly.

Jay

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:45 AM

All replies

• More often than not when a device isn't working it is because the driver has become corrupted. Re-installing a fresh copy should help
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly?SignedIn=1

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, February 23, 2015 6:54 PM
  • Hi grandpaofmany,

What is your current situation?

For Windows 10 can't access Internet, you may follow the steps listed in the article below:

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

You may also try to reinstall the NIC driver and check the issue again.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:07 AM
  • Windows 10  build9926 failed to boot and restored build 9879 with out any part from me. I'm currently getting on the internet just fine with the earlier build. I plan to try 9926 again shortly.

Jay

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:45 AM
  • I am currently connecting to the internet on Windows 10 but not with build 9926. I worked with for 3 + days trying to get on the internet ith no success.

What happened is this Windows chose to remove  build 9926 and restore build 9879. I can only conclude that something added to build 9926 won't work with my older laptop.

I'm thinking of adding another drive on my regular desktop and do some dual booting with Win 10.

I just saw info on a new build, I may try that before doing anything else

Jay

Friday, March 6, 2015 3:36 PM