Technical Developer documentation RRS feed

• Question

• Where and when will developer documentation be available? 

What new API's are there, Changes to .net for Windows 10, WinRt changes, WPF changes, i.e. all of the information a developer would need to start building applications that would target the new features and functionalities coming in Windows 10.

If it is available already and I just have not been looking in the right places, can you please point me there?

Thanks

pmont

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Reply:

Regarding the development in Windows 10, here are some MSDN developers blog for reference:

1. Universal Windows apps get better with Windows 10
    2. What does Windows 10 mean for developers?
    3. DirectX 12 and Windows 10
    4. Internet Explorer and the Windows 10 Technical Preview

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:22 AM
  • Thank you for the answer.

A couple of follow on questions from those links.  The "Universal Windows Apps" link talks about the ability to run Windows store apps on the desktop, but gives no details on if, when they are running there,  they have any expanded functionality or not.  Are they the same sandbox as the current Windows Store Applications, or are you going to expand access to the WINRT core api's and expand the functionality within XAML to include the equivalent functionality of WPF?

As a develop who currently builds custom applications in WPF for the enterprise, what is the approved migration path to be able to build the same type of applications without the windows store app restrictions?  When will we see the next .net incarnation that will allow us to take advantage of the new features in WinRT?  Or are we expected to migrate to Universal Windows Apps?  I have no problem migrating if there is equivalent functionality.  But cant if there isn't. 

Thanks again for the links

pmont

Thursday, October 2, 2014 11:15 AM