OWA and exchange 2007 with public folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that gets a prompt that says Click here to open this folder with Microsoft Exchange 2003 Outlook Web Access.
    we are not on an exchange 2003 server anymore we are on exchange 2007, how do i verify in xchange 07 what updates it is has. why he getting this. i log in as myself and i am an admin i get the same. thing. then when you click on the click here it goes to a page can not be displayed.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 12:24 AM

Answers

• try a quick work around if the contents are not present in the public folders of e2k7 server,
    create a folder called TechnicalSupport and a folder called OutofOfficeSchedule under it.
    see if this works :)

P.S in EMC, under tool box, you'd find an option for public folders. you could browse the public folders using that and check if those two folders (technicalsupport and outofofficeschedule) are present or not
    na
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:57 PM

All replies

• So there are no 2003 servers around anymore?
    In that case, go that folder in EMC Toolbox, Powershell or pfdavadmin and check if it has a replica on the 2007 server. Sounds as if it never got moved from the 2003 server to the 2007. Sounds crazy, right?

Wednesday, August 5, 2009 1:18 AM
  • how do that with powershell or the other tools you are talking about  where in the EMC toolbox?
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 5:30 PM
  • try a quick work around if the contents are not present in the public folders of e2k7 server,
    create a folder called TechnicalSupport and a folder called OutofOfficeSchedule under it.
    see if this works :)

P.S in EMC, under tool box, you'd find an option for public folders. you could browse the public folders using that and check if those two folders (technicalsupport and outofofficeschedule) are present or not
    na
    • Proposed as answer by Alan.Gim Thursday, August 6, 2009 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alan.Gim Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:24 AM
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 7:57 PM
  • i recreated it and it works of course but what is the real issue. the xchange server was a migration from 03 to 07 what causes this issue.  those 2 entries are there in the EMC.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 10:36 PM
  • i recreated it and it works of course but what is the real issue. the xchange server was a migration from 03 to 07 what causes this issue.  those 2 entries are there in the EMC.

It though the only replicas were on the 2003 server. When you checked, did it have an existing replica on the 2007 server? If so, the replication may have never completed.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:47 AM
  • the hierarchy might have replicated but the contents would not have. which is why public folder refferals were asking your browser to look for the E2k3 server where the contents were present. It needed Owa 2k3 to show you this.

Good reading
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb691235.aspx
    na
    Friday, August 7, 2009 11:09 PM