none
IE 11 shotcut in favorites missing Web document tab

Question

• IE 11 shotcut in favorites, In Properties-- missing Web document tab
    • Edited by 正心 Monday, March 27, 2017 10:48 PM
    Monday, March 27, 2017 10:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, if you examine the properties of the Internet shortcut file when this problem occurs, the Type of file field indicates that the file type is Internet Shortcut (.url).

However, the Web Document tab may disappear. Also, on the Details tab, the URL string may disappear.

Such as the screenshot below:

If yes, please try the following steps and check the result:

Make Target Accessible In Internet Shortcut Property Sheet

If you are opening links from the Desktop shortcuts, delete the old shortcut, create a new one and check; it should work on. But if you’re opening links from favorites, follow this:

1.Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.

2.Navigate to the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl

3. In the left pane of this location, right click on the FeatureControl key and create its subkey named

FEATURE_URLFILE_CACHEFLUSH_KB936881

by navigating New -> Key.

Now highlight the new subkey so created, and head on to the right pane of the registry location

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Internet Explorer\ Main\ FeatureControl\ FEATURE_URLFILE_CACHEFLUSH_KB936881

and create a new DWORD value using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value.

Name this new DWORD as iexplore.exe. Double click on this newly created to modify its Value data:

4. In the above shown box, change the Value data to 1. Click OK. You may now close the Registry Editor so far and reboot the machine to get the issue fixed.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Thanks Tony, I will try. I forgot to say, my problem appeared after anti-virus software lockout some file in my drive include my favorites. thanks
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 3:53 PM
  • OK, we are looking forward to your good news:)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:14 AM
  • I tried but not working. I find a earlier backup for favorites and replace it.
    Thursday, April 06, 2017 11:02 PM