none
Exchange Edge Transport mail flow issue to Office 365 and outside RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have 2 Exchange 2016 mailbox servers and 2 Egde Transport Servers.Only  one of the Edge Transport server is NATed to outside domain. We have the hybrid set up where MX is pointing to Office 365. Outbound is also through Office 365.

Please let me know how do I configure the other Edge Transport server so that we can add this also in send connectors. Is there a way to route all the messages in one edge transport server to other NATed server?

Similarly I would like to receive some inbound mails from the NATed server to the other Edge server and then to onpremise exchange server.

I cannot run Hybrid configuration wizard as the version of Exchange 2016 is bit old.

Please let me know the manual steps in all the details to configure this.

I am posting in Exchange 2016 mail flow section. Please move to different section if required.

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 1:47 PM

All replies

• How did you add the NATed Edge server to the hybrid environment?

Verify that you followed the steps in the article below: 
    Edge Transport servers with hybrid deployments

Besides, Why put another edge server between the MBX servers and the NATed Edge server? 
    Could the inbound/outbound emails go through the other Edge server with the current hybrid deployment?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 28, 2018 10:17 AM
  • Please let me update you after checking more.

Thank you for your help.

Sunday, December 30, 2018 6:24 AM
  • Please let me update you after checking more.

Thank you for your help.

OK, look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Monday, December 31, 2018 8:28 AM