none
Installing multiple language packs in windows 10

Question

• This is my scenario:

Windows SCCM 2012 R2 SP1. I have injected two languages packs into the .wim image installation of Windows 10 through DISM.  I have loaded the image with Windows System Image Manager and created the unattended file adding the language packs through Packages – Language Pack. I have added the Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Packages. I have not added the Microsoft-Windows-Prerelease-Client-Packages. I have created a package with the unattended file and distributed it to my DP.  I have modified the Task Sequence and into the section Install Operating System – Apply Operating System – selected the Image 2-2 -  I have specified the Use and unattended or sysprep answer file for a custom installation and chose the corresponding unattended file.

The installation of the OS is happening in the right way but the additional languages are not being installed.

What am i doing wrong?

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Monday, September 28, 2015 3:18 PM

Answers

• Update: After some time I realized that language packs are being correctly installed by checking the directory structure. I located the directories for every language pack installed. Also if I go through the option to change the language is working

The problem is not showing the language through the settings-Time and Language - Region and language - Languages. For any reason Windows is not showing the different language packs installed in this interface.

At least the installation is working in the way expected.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:41 AM

All replies

• Update: After some time I realized that language packs are being correctly installed by checking the directory structure. I located the directories for every language pack installed. Also if I go through the option to change the language is working

The problem is not showing the language through the settings-Time and Language - Region and language - Languages. For any reason Windows is not showing the different language packs installed in this interface.

At least the installation is working in the way expected.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:41 AM
  • Hi !

I have an issue with a WIM with multilanguage pack. Everything is ok but some built in apps (modern ui) don't have the good language selected. When deploy in french for exemple, the windows store is always in english !

But the news application is well in french...

Do you have the same issue ?

Thanks !

Vincent

Thursday, November 19, 2015 10:19 AM