none
Cannot open microsoft word 2010

Question

• Having a bit of a problem with microsoft word on my laptop...I have just realised that i have word 2010 on the laptop but it won't start up/open. This laptop is windows 7 and I have been using microsoft works until now but would prefer to use word. Can you help set word  2010 up?
    Monday, March 14, 2011 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Word IT Pro Discussions Services.

From your description, I understand that you have encountered some problems when trying to open Word 2010. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regarding this issue, let’s perform the following steps.

Start the Office program in safe mode

==============

1.       Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.

2.       Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.

If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Office program:

Disable add-ins

a) Click File menu, click Options >  Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are any add-ins, clear the checkbox to disable them.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart the Office program, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, March 21, 2011 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Word IT Pro Discussions Services.

From your description, I understand that you have encountered some problems when trying to open Word 2010. If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Regarding this issue, let’s perform the following steps.

Start the Office program in safe mode

==============

1.       Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft Office.

2.       Press and hold the CTRL key, and then click the Office program you want to start.

If the problem does not occur in the safe mode, this issue might be related to some third-party add-ins in the Office program, we can try to disable them. Normally, you could do the following to disable the conflict add-ins in your Office program:

Disable add-ins

a) Click File menu, click Options >  Add-in, click Go button in the Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are any add-ins, clear the checkbox to disable them.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Add one check back each time to the list of Add-In, restart the Office program, and repeat the above procedure. Once the issue reappears again, we can determine which add-in causes this problem and then disable it.

If the issue still persists, you can refer to the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, March 21, 2011 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:33 AM
  • hi, when I press and hold onto the file I want, nothing happened. and what about the disabled part? I don't really understand. I'm sorry. 
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:13 AM