none
this installation package cannot be opened RRS feed

• Question

• i have been getting this message:

this installation package could not be opened. verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer.

when im using cmd and type "msiexec -i <filename>", i can open the file but.... for some of the installation files, you need to open the msi file from the setup.exe itself or else it will say "this file can only be opened from <blahblahblah>".

it pisses me off.

im using:

Window Vista Home Premium
    x32 Operating system
    Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this issue occur on the installation of SteadyState?

Does this issue occur on other programs?

How about administrator account or any other user account?

If this issue only occurs on SteadyState installation, we can download the package again to install. However, if this issue occur on all or most packages based on Windows Installer, this can be general Windows Vista Windows Installer issue. If so, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows Vista public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

If there is any update on this issue, feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Thursday, January 24, 2008 5:14 AM