none
DPM 2012R2 Azure Backup, how do I recover the Passphrase for our recovery vault? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a DPM 2012R2 server (old server) with Azure backup that we are retiring.  We built a (new server) 2016 server with DPM 2016 and it has Azure backup setup to a vault, and we moved all the protection jobs to the new server.  All good.  Now I need to recover a file from Azure, that was backed up with the old server from the new server by "Add External DPM" process, but when I do that the connection fails with an incorrect passphrase.  We pulled the passphrase from our password vault, but it appears to be wrong.  So how can I recover the passphrase or reset it so I can setup the connection?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff Doty

Flowcorp Intnl

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:03 PM

All replies

• BTW, We have version 2.0.9109 agent on the DPM server.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Hello Jeff

Unfortunately there is no option to recover your passphrase.

If you lose or forget the passphrase, Microsoft cannot help recover the backup data.

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:45 PM
  • Thanks.  I was afraid of that, but figured I should ask.  Back to the drawing board.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 7:18 PM