gathering from a child primary site fails RRS feed

• Question

• i have a very strange problem with the gathering from a child primary site. actually we have a SCCM 2007 infrastructure with 1 primary and 3 child primary sites. data gathering works with all sites except one child site. the error message in the migmctrl.log is:

ERROR: [MigrationManager]: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The operation completed successfully     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.Impersonator.Impersonate(String domainName, String userName, String password)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.JobManagerBase`1.ConnectToLegacySite(IMigrationSiteInfo siteInfo)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.SyncAgentJobManager.CreateJob(MigrationRepository repository, MIG_SiteMapping scheduleItem)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.JobManagerBase`1.GetNextJob(Int32& sleepMilliseconds)     at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.MigrationManager.JobManager.GetNextJob(Int32& sleepMilliseconds)
    ERROR: [MigMCtrl]: FAILED to GETNEXT job. error = Unspecified error, 80004005

80004005 would actually mean access denied. though the account works very well and i tried several other accounts with administrative permissions on the SCCM 2007 server/console. actually i even tested the accounts while adding them under the "configure credentials" dialog in the migration/source hierarchy section. it can successfully connect to the site's WMI and the database.

the old sccm infrastructure is in a different forest with no trust. but that's the case for all other sites as well and they work well.

any ideas for a direction to troubelshoot?

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:58 AM

All replies