Password incorect after computer goes to sleeps or gets locked. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Windows 10 version 10.0.14393. In domain.

Whenever I lock my pc or when it goes into sleep mode, the password I write is incorrect! The weird part is that if I log back into my account using "other user" I can login using my password. Also, if I lock my PC, login into another account, then try to go back into my account the password is incoreect BUT (!), if, I write the password of the account previosly used I get into that account! It doesn't matter that Windows shows my login name above the password field!

This is a very strange issue! I really hope my users don't get this!

What is the solution here?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 2:36 PM

All replies

• Can't recreate this at will, but did see the wrong name displayed as logged in user hovering over the icon in the start menu and did see the wrong name on the change password dialogue once. The unlock is ok for me.

So does the correct user end up logged in? i.e. if it display userA on the screen but userB's passwords unlocks, is it userB that is active?

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:51 PM
  • Yes that's correct. Who ever I log in as first gets this bug! For example. If I log in as user A, then lock my pc and login as user B the password for user A will be incorrect. If I provide B users password I login into B users account. Even thoug it shows user A login name on top. 

But if I login again using "Other user" option I can login easy with my name and password.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016 5:42 AM