Error 500 : variable is undefined VBScript Code : ValidateTSList RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I can't load wizard properly while PXE booting on a virtual machine and I'm getting this error :

Error 500 : variable is undefined VBScript Code : ValidateTSList 

This is working without any trouble on a physical machine but it's broken on a virtual machine... (we are using Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2)

Do you have some ideas about this ? Scripts files haven't been modified manually... I already updated deployment share and changed the boot image in our WDS, it didn't resolve the problem.

Thanks a lot,

Valentin

Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:23 PM

All replies

• If you have it set so the ram is dynamic this can happen if it dips below 1024MB if I remember correctly.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

• Proposed as answer by Brian Gonzalez Monday, October 31, 2016 9:08 PM
    Sunday, October 30, 2016 10:10 PM
  • I am getting the exact same thing, but I did change my DeployWiz_SelectTS.vbs script which is the only place (other than an XML that has the ValidateTSList function.) This is the first attempt to deploy a machine after the upgrade to MDT 2013 (8443).

The DeployWiz_SelectTS.vbs has changed considerably since MDT Update 2. The real issue is that that the Variable does get defined, so I am at a loss at to what is happening.

This machine has 32 gigs of RAM. I am using a real machine.

• Edited by TrueQuazL Thursday, November 17, 2016 4:18 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2016 4:12 PM