none
KB2958100 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any information about KB2958100?  It came through today as an Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager, but I can't find any information on it.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It should be available on the download center later today or tomorrow.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:41 PM
  • Has this been pulled?  One of my servers got it via windows update, but is not showing up for any others?

Cheers,

Stephen.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:00 PM
  • Hi,

Yes DPM 2012 R2 UR2 KB2958100 was pulled due to a regression - it should be available again soon.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 7:22 PM
  • Mike - Can you elaborate a bit on 'soon'?  We've been holding off on the R2 upgrade due to lack of 2003 support.  In turn, a few other projects had also been held up until we could upgrade DPM.  Now that the patch was released, I have spent much of the day backing up our dpmdb, removing dpm, upgrading the server os, patching, and installing dpm 2012r2.  Then I went to grab UR2 and found it no longer available.  

Will the new patch be available in the next day or two?  If not, would it be possible to get a copy of the version that was pulled?  If I understand the regression correctly, as long as we don't import and recatalog any old tapes, we shouldn't be affected.  

Worst case scenario, I spend the day tomorrow rebuilding the server with dpm2012SP1 again, but I'd prefer not to. . . 

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:23 PM
  • I'm in the same boat, upgraded our remote DPM server, all went well, went to do the central one and the update was gone. So the central can't replicate from the remote anymore, so I'll be spending tomorrow rolling that back to UR1.

Stephen.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:28 PM
  • I am also in the same boat. I had to do a recovery installation of DPM and after reinstall of DPM and the DB I found out that the update had been pulled from WSUS. Does anyone have any idea when this update 2 is going to be released. I have been waiting for almost a month now.
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

The DPM 2012 R2 UR2 will be released today under KBID 2963543.  It should be on the download center later today.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 3:26 PM
  • And here's the KB: 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2963543/en-us

and the link to the download:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=eeebeb9d-64c5-4622-a431-bcc9fe03f54a

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 2:02 PM