none
Mapped network drive disconnect after reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

I recently reinstalled my Windows 7 Pro.
    After reinstallation, I wanted to map two network drives - the remote drives are connected with SAMBA.

The first network drive was mapped successfully and is reestablished after reboot.
    The second network drive was also mapped successfully - but won't reconnect after reboot.

I didn't have this problem before my reinstall.

Checking with the credential manager, everyting seems fine. But I still have to enter the network password everytime I boot.
    Trying to disconnect the network drive and mapping it using "net use" in CMD also maps the drive correctly - although, using the PERSISTENT flag is useless - the connection is still dropped after reboot.

Now the only advice I can find is to create a .bat file and use this after reboot to connect to my network drive.
    Why will it work with one network drive, but not with another even though it's the same setup?

I see others have the exact same problem - but noone knows why this is, how to fix it and this is just driving me crazy!

Friday, September 9, 2011 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network, then you may try to create a entry manually same as the working one.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Server Baba Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke ChouModerator Monday, September 19, 2011 1:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:44 AM

All replies

• Bump!

Really? No input at all?

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

First, please delete the saved credential that is used by accessing NAS drives manually.

Then please refer to the following link to clear Mapped Drives entries.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/168148

Also, you may check the following article.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc962671.aspx

Please check the value in the registry, then try to map them again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:14 AM
  • The attached image is the view of my registry - although I already have one perfectly working network drive mapped, it's not consistant with the artivle in the knowledge base. My credientals for the NAS drive has been deleted. Trying to map the same drive again, gives the same result.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Network, then you may try to create a entry manually same as the working one.

• Proposed as answer by Server Baba Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Juke ChouModerator Monday, September 19, 2011 1:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 13, 2011 9:44 AM
  • Hi,

Adding more info, you may refer to the article in the following link.

http://practicalsbs.wordpress.com/2008/03/13/directly-creating-a-mapped-network-drive-within-an-xp-workstation-registry/ 

Important Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

Deleting the entry for the specific network drive made it possible for me to remap the drive. And this time it remembers my credientials and it works.

Thank you.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

You are welcome. Glad to hear that it works.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:29 AM
  • Encontrei a solução e criei um publicação.

Solução:

1. Abrir o REGEDIT.exe como Administrador
    2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\
    3. Alterar RestoreConnection = 0 (DESLIGADO) para 1 (LIGADO)
    4. Fechar o REGEDIT e Reiniciar o computador.

https://samirmmbr.wordpress.com/2018/03/02/x-vermelho-no-mapeamento-de-rede-ao-reiniciar-computador/

SamirMMBr

Friday, March 2, 2018 8:38 PM