none
DPM's own SQL Database RRS feed

• Question

• We are trialing software which produces reports on DPM's backup statics (Bocada Prism). We cannot seem to access the DPM 2010 RC SQL database with any set of credentials. Does anyone have any ideas how to access the database?

The database was installed and configured via the DPM set up using it's own instance and not via a remote SQL server.

We've tried to access the database via the Management Studio installed by DPM using the sa user account and password set during the installation as well as Windows Authentication running as the user who installed DPM but we cannot get in.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Pure.

Friday, October 1, 2010 3:56 PM

Answers

• I couldn't access my Data Protection Manager database even via the SQL Management studio. It turned out that it had used the local admin account as the sysadmin. I logged out of the domain account, logged back in as local admin, gave a domain account access as sysadmin and then I could get access from the domain side.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Michael

• Marked as answer by PureTech Monday, October 4, 2010 8:47 AM
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 8:50 AM

All replies

• I couldn't access my Data Protection Manager database even via the SQL Management studio. It turned out that it had used the local admin account as the sysadmin. I logged out of the domain account, logged back in as local admin, gave a domain account access as sysadmin and then I could get access from the domain side.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Michael

• Marked as answer by PureTech Monday, October 4, 2010 8:47 AM
    Sunday, October 3, 2010 8:50 AM
  • Thanks Michael!

Pure

Monday, October 4, 2010 8:48 AM