Active Directory DNS Server transfer to child dns server RRS feed

• Question

• Network Diagram:

I have installed the ASTERIX Server as the Domain Controller and it have all DNS Records, is there are way for me to transfer all the DNS Record from ASTERIX Server to the OBLEIX Server?

I want the ASTERIX Server only have AD DS installed. No other roles should be in the ASTERIX Server.

Saturday, July 16, 2016 10:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1.Create secondary zones for all of your existing zones that are hosted at the ASTERIX DNS servers.

If necessary, create reverse lookup zones for all of your existing reverse lookup zones that are hosted at the ASTERIX DNS servers.

2.Allow zone transfer.

3.After you complete the zone transfers, convert the secondary zones to primary zones for the zones that were migrated.

Optional: If the DNS server running server is a domain controller, store the zone in AD DS.

4.Make sure you change the DHCP configuration and static IP to use new DNS server. 

Optional: To continue using the previous master servers as DNS servers, convert the migrated zones on the previous master servers to secondary zones.Or you could stop the ASTERIX DNS server ,uninstall it.

• Marked as answer by ShinyHero Monday, July 18, 2016 3:10 PM
    Monday, July 18, 2016 2:52 AM