osd file defines incompatible OS requirements while importing app-v package in SCCM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

While importing the App-V package (_manifest.xml file) in SCCM 2012, it throws an error stating OSD file define incompatible OS requirements.I am able to import other App-v packages.

There are only two xml files, i.e manifest and report.I have never encountered this issue.

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:13 PM

Answers

•  The application gets imported properly within SCCM after saving the application again.

So below things can be useful if somebody faces the same problem:

1. Save the sequence package again.(Tried save as)

2. Check if the manifest matches the no of osd's( had faced this earlier where within manifest 5 osd's were listed and the folder contained only 3 osd's).

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:44 PM

All replies

• There's no OSD file? Try opening your app with the sequencer and browsing to the OSD tab to see if there's any in there, if there is save the application again.

Did you restrict the application from working on certain Operating systems during the sequencing?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

There are 5 osd files, yes the application is restricted to work on Win XP and 7 32 bit environment.But so are the other packages but they get imported easily.

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:58 AM
  • Hello,

Is there a difference between what the manifest says and what the OSD-files says in terms of OS requirement? Is there any one OSD-file that has different requirements?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:49 AM
  •  Hi,

No there is no difference, i verified the osd and manifest file. Will try to save the package againa and give it a try. I had earlier faced similar pb but that was when manifest file mismatched with no of osd's but that is not the case with this package.

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:59 PM
  • Hello,

Is your application a 16-bit application?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:56 PM
  •  Nope it is an 32 bit application.

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:59 AM
  •  The application gets imported properly within SCCM after saving the application again.

So below things can be useful if somebody faces the same problem:

1. Save the sequence package again.(Tried save as)

2. Check if the manifest matches the no of osd's( had faced this earlier where within manifest 5 osd's were listed and the folder contained only 3 osd's).

Regards, Shweta Karalkar

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Hi,

Check to see if you have multiple OSD files in the package. If so, make sure all of the OSD files have exactly the same list of supported OS versions. If one is wrong, it won't work.

Matt 

Thursday, October 10, 2013 2:00 AM