Exchange 2003 Routing Group Master flaky RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment consisting of five Routing Groups. Each Routing Group has two Routing Group Connectors and one Routing Group Master.

The RGM in one of our sites is experiencing hardware issues and is rebooting once in a while.

We want to ensure that there are no problems with mail delivery. Do we need to change the Routing Group Master to another server, or will this automatically happen?
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:32 AM

Answers

• The results are more likely to match your expectations if you select a new routing group master yourself.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by Pancamo Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:17 PM
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:38 AM
  • On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:32:09 +0000, Pancamo wrote:

>We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment consisting of five Routing Groups. Each Routing Group has two Routing Group Connectors and one Routing Group Master. The RGM in one of our sites is experiencing hardware issues and is rebooting once in a while. We want to ensure that there are no problems with mail delivery. Do we need to change the Routing Group Master to another server, or will this automatically happen?

It won't happen automatically.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:30 AM

All replies

• The results are more likely to match your expectations if you select a new routing group master yourself.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:38 AM
  • On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 02:32:09 +0000, Pancamo wrote:

>We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 environment consisting of five Routing Groups. Each Routing Group has two Routing Group Connectors and one Routing Group Master. The RGM in one of our sites is experiencing hardware issues and is rebooting once in a while. We want to ensure that there are no problems with mail delivery. Do we need to change the Routing Group Master to another server, or will this automatically happen?

It won't happen automatically.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:30 AM