are AGP graphic accelerators supported for aero?? RRS feed

• Question

• well someone told me that windows aero theme is not supported by AGP graphic accelerators is it true?? i have Geforce 6200 128MB will it be able to run aero theme of windows vista?? please help!! then only i will install Vista!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:06 PM

All replies

• I have a ATI Radeon 9600XT AGP card and Aero just works fine. It would be very odd to have a brand new hi-end technology operating sytem without AGP card support... but it could be possible.
    Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:43 PM
  • You can run the upgrade advisor (available on Microsoft's main Vista web page) to be sure, but I KNOW Aero doesn't require PCIe graphics to work.  That would be insane!
    Thursday, August 17, 2006 2:08 AM
  • correct, I am running it on a 6800GT AGP card and it runs swell except the general slowness because Vista isnt tweaked fully yet, I heard the release after Beta 2 ran much better, although i'm stuck with B2 so i can't confirm.
    Sunday, August 20, 2006 8:41 PM
  • It has nothing to do with AGP. It's the amount of ram. In the pre-RC builds it requires 256mb of video memory for the most advanced features.

I tried a GF 9900 ultra with 256 mb in build 5536 and had no problems whatsoever (altough by default the interface was vista basic).

Saturday, September 9, 2006 2:04 PM