Freeze Panes? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there functionality within the Table or Matrix objects to freeze columns or row headers when you scroll thru a wide or long report?  Similay to the freeze panes functionality in Excel.

Thanks

Monday, January 30, 2006 10:33 PM

Answers

• In the matrix case, the setting is on the row / column groupings. For instance, you can
    1. open the matrix properties dialog
    2. go to the Groups tab
    3. edit a column or row group
    4. and on the general tab of the grouping and sorting dialog, select "Group header should remain visible while scrolling"

-- Robert

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:08 PM
  • As I mentioned in my initial response, only RS 2005 provides this feature. It is not available in RS 2000.

-- Robert

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 8:25 AM

All replies

• Yes, RS 2005 provides this functionality. E.g. in the table properties dialog on the general tab, select "Header should remain visible while scrolling".

-- Robert

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:53 AM
  • Sorry.. i may be missing something obvious within the properties, but where is this functionality with a Matrix for row and column headings?
    Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:01 PM
  • In the matrix case, the setting is on the row / column groupings. For instance, you can
    1. open the matrix properties dialog
    2. go to the Groups tab
    3. edit a column or row group
    4. and on the general tab of the grouping and sorting dialog, select "Group header should remain visible while scrolling"

-- Robert

Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:08 PM
  • I noticed that facility in RS 2005, but could not found it in RS 2000.
    I'd appreciate if anybody could give a work around.
    Vincent

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 12:47 AM
  • As I mentioned in my initial response, only RS 2005 provides this feature. It is not available in RS 2000.

-- Robert

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 8:25 AM
  • Thank you Robert.
    Vincent
    Thursday, February 2, 2006 6:57 AM
  • I am unable to get this to work on my matrix.  When I select 'group header should remain visible while scrolling' (for either row or column), I then get the error

[rsFixedHeadersInInnerDataRegion] The matrix ‘matrix1’ includes a table header or column with FixedHeader set to true.  This is not allowed on data regions inside other data regions.

Can anyone provide any help?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 8:30 PM
  • It seems that your matrix is nested inside another data control which as the error message suggests does not allow fixed headers.
    Wednesday, September 20, 2006 10:41 AM
  • Hi ,

Is ther any way to keep the first set of N columns along with the data as frozen and the other columns move behind it as in excel.

I tried to check the option in layout --> fixed header = true but the header along remains frozen but the data is getting overlapped.

please do help at the earliest.

thanks,
    Vidula

Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

I got the same problem when I select 'group header should remain visible while scrolling' (for either row or column), I got the error

[rsFixedHeadersInInnerDataRegion] The matrix ‘matrix1’ includes a table header or column with FixedHeader set to true.  This is not allowed on data regions inside other data regions.

I have matrix inside a table which I set FixedHeader to False but still got the same error. I can't find other places who set fixedheader properties. Any suggestion would be very appraciate!

Thanks in advance!

Monday, May 7, 2007 1:31 PM