none
DPM 2007 - Delete statmenet confict - Inventory issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all - I am getting this dereaded "The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_tbl_MM_MediaMap_tbl_MM_ArchiveMedia". The conflict occurred in database "DPMDB", table "dbo.tbl_MM_MediaMap", column 'MediaId'. of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException"

My tape both fast/detail inventories are failing. Any idea or suggestion?

HELP

sa

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You seemed to have bumped into an issue we have seen before. Unfortunately it cannot be fixed without a full trace and running a custom SQL script to fix up some DPMDB inconsistency unique to your configuration.  Please open a support case and tell the engineer to reference ID 2329885.

I believe this issue is fixed in DPM 2010 so once you get it fixed, you may want to think about upgrading to prevent future occurrences.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, November 30, 2012 11:55 PM
  • Thanks Mike. I checked for orphan row in tbl_MM_ArchieveMedia table. I can see i have 24 rows in there that looks like need cleaning. I will attempt to contact MS microsoft with ref id you mention, hope they will know what i am referring to. BTW - i ran following to check for orphans. 
    select * from tbl_MM_ArchiveMedia as ma
    where not exists (select * from tbl_MM_MediaMap as mm
    where mm.MediaID = ma.MediaID);

• Edited by sa sa Monday, December 3, 2012 2:14 PM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 2:13 PM
  • I am working with MS Support but not sure if they were able to locate ref ID you mentioned. We are slow going on from the start - meaning setup discovery phase.

thanks

sa

sa

Monday, December 3, 2012 6:58 PM