none
ID 53 Details: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion (0x8007041D)) RRS feed

• Question

• One of my clients has his dpm server turned off for a long time. Now when that server is back online I cannot re-sync backup. First was database in suspect mode and I was not able to acess dpm console. Now when I fix that I cant re-sync job. I even tried to delete on PG and recreate it but without success. Agent showing OK and it can comunicate with server. I have even tried to uninstall agent and re-install it but without luck.

ID 53 Details: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion (0x8007041D))

That is the error what I get on all protection groups. Is there any one who can help with this?

And last thing is that DPM is crushing on recovery tab
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi

Do you still need assistance with this?

Monday, August 11, 2014 5:18 AM
  • Open the log in notepad, and go to the bottom, then use the Find feature to search for this string. 

InstallExecute. Return value 3.

Right about that should be the real cause of the failure.

If it's due to a service stop or start timeout error 8007041d then:

When a service starts, the service communicates to the Service Control Manager how long the service must have to start (the time-out period for the service). If the Service Control Manager does not receive a "service started" notice from the service within this time-out period, the Service Control Manager terminates the process that hosts the service. This time-out period is typically less than 30 seconds. If you do not adjust this time-out period, the Service Control Manager ends the process.

To adjust this time-out period, follow these steps:

a.  In Registry Editor, locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control 

b.  Point to New , and then click DWORD Value.
    c.  Enter:  ServicesPipeTimeout  and then press ENTER. 
    d.  Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry that you created in step c, and then click Modify . The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears. 
    e.  In the Value data text box, type 300000 decimal, and then click OK

Note the ServicesPipeTimeout is a placeholder for the value of the time-out period (in milliseconds) that you want to set for the service. For example, if you want to set the time-out period to be 5 minutes (300000 milliseconds), type 300000.

f.  Restart the computer. You must restart the computer for Service Control Manager to apply this change. 

g. Try to install the update again.

Have a nice day !!!
    DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points
    DPM blog

Friday, July 31, 2015 6:46 AM