Getting help with Proclarity Presales RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to get a hold of someone who can answer some presales questions regarding the proaclarity desktop and web products?

I have tried going through MS but haven't had much luck..

Can anyone put me in touch with someone on the sales?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:18 PM

Answers

• The following site should answer most of your questions:

http://www.microsoft.com/business/performancepoint/howtobuy/default.aspx

The majority of ProClarity pricing and licensing is being handled as a component of PerformancePoint Server.  The exception is the ProClarity Desktop which can be purchases as a standalone product via Microsoft Volume Licensing.

There are currently no plans for a new version of the ProClarity platform, though as you have noticed it is being maintained actively, which will continue on the standard "5 + 5" lifecycle for the ProClarity 6.3 version (support for 6.1 and 6.2 end in June of 2009).

If you continue to have questions, I would recommend visiting the links from the page above, and if you are still not able to get the answers you need, please respond to this thread.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:14 PM

All replies

• In what area of the world are you located (and what part of the country if you're in the U.S.), and what are your questions?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:52 PM
  • Our office is located in MA; however I work remotely from CO if that makes any difference.

mY main questions are on pricing, licensing and if there are going to be further releases of the Desktop and Web Professional

I see that there have been several rollup patches but are there plans for a new version?

We are currently an MS shop but are not using perfromance point

Thanks
    Friday, June 13, 2008 5:18 PM
  • The following site should answer most of your questions:

http://www.microsoft.com/business/performancepoint/howtobuy/default.aspx

The majority of ProClarity pricing and licensing is being handled as a component of PerformancePoint Server.  The exception is the ProClarity Desktop which can be purchases as a standalone product via Microsoft Volume Licensing.

There are currently no plans for a new version of the ProClarity platform, though as you have noticed it is being maintained actively, which will continue on the standard "5 + 5" lifecycle for the ProClarity 6.3 version (support for 6.1 and 6.2 end in June of 2009).

If you continue to have questions, I would recommend visiting the links from the page above, and if you are still not able to get the answers you need, please respond to this thread.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:14 PM
  • Ben,

So is there a web delivery component coming out for SSAS cubes?  Short of a custom built web part in Sharepoint I mean? 

Thanks,

Duane

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:18 PM
  • PerformancePoint Server and ProClarity both have web front ends for SSAS, and they both have integration into Sharepoint, as well as integration with one another.  Eventually they will be fully integrated into one product.

SSRS will also deliver SSAS data via a thin client if you have the need for a more robust reporting tool, and it will integrate with PerformancePoint Server, ProClarity, and Sharepoint as well.  You might also look into Excel Services.

Depending on your needs, you can use one of these tools, or two or more together to provide the delivery and information interaction you require.  If you have further questions on this, please feel free to post here, or to get in contact with an MS sales rep.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:13 AM