none
Link to user viewing rcdc RRS feed

• Question

• What is the link to user viewing rcdc? I ma trying to invoke the same command as clicking users "Detail" button. I have the link to edit user - javascript:PopupPage("/IdentityManagement/aspx/users/EditPerson.aspx"). Is there anything to invoke the user viewing rcdc?

• Edited by fim_sc Monday, September 23, 2013 11:05 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 8:42 PM

Answers

• you can use the new attributes on my:visible="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsAdmin}"

the helper attributes should be boolean, like IsAdmin and IsUser, like this you feed the visible with the true or false value to control which one is presented to users and which one to admin.

You must set These 2 Attribute for all current and new object, make sure everyone has set the attributes to true or false otherwise you get an error on the RCDC if the value is empty.

Edit: I looked to my System and it seems to me that you can only bind an Attribute value to to visible tag of a tab, so you must create two Tabs, one for admins, one for users

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

• Edited by Peter_Stapf Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by fim_sc Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:27 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:00 PM

All replies

• Simple open a users view Windows, and copy the URL to clipboard.

You get something like that:

http://idm-portal/IdentityManagement/aspx/customized/PopupCustomizedObject.aspx?type=Person&id=<GUID>&_p=1

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Peter

Edit: Ahh ok i see, you want something like the "My Profile" link but just View Only.

So there is no link to do so, as except of the EditPerson.aspx you always Need to give the GUID to the page.

You can remove the user rights from editing their own attributes, so the EditPerson.aspx page will look like a view only page.

• Edited by Peter_Stapf Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:54 AM
  • Thanks!That's right. I want My Profile to look like View Only. Is there any way around? Edit user page has a customized tab that has "edit button" option for another custom resource. It is currently viewed only by the admins. I am trying to give view access to the users but I am not able to hide the edit button used along with UOCListView.
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 12:26 PM
  • Can you post the relevant part of the RCDC with this Tab and edit-button.
    Ist often better so have some code, instead to rebuild the solution in my mind.

Regards
    Peter

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 2:53 PM
  • This is what I have and it is available only to admins. I want this to be available to users but without the option to edit.

<my:Grouping my:Name="SponsorshipGrouping" my:Caption="Sponsorship">
    <my:Control my:Name="SponsorshipListViewControl" my:TypeName="UocListView" my:Caption="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Sponsorships.DisplayName}" my:Description="{Binding Source=schema, Path=Sponsorships.Description}" my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Sponsorships}">
    <my:Buttons>
    <my:Button my:Name="Edit" my:Caption="Edit" my:ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/MSILM2/details.png" my:ClickBehavior="ModalDialog" my:EnableMode="OnlyOne" my:RedirectUrl="../customized/EditCustomizedObject.aspx" />
    </my:Buttons>
    <my:Properties>
        <my:Property my:Name="ColumnsToDisplay" my:Value="DisplayName,RegistrationAuthority,Category,PositionType,SponsorshipEffectiveDate,SponsorshipTerminationDate"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ResultObjectType" my:Value="Sponsorship"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="UsageKeywords" my:Value="Sponsorship"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="TargetAttribute" my:Value="Sponsorships"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="EmptyResultText" my:Value="No sponsorships exist for the user account"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="PageSize" my:Value="10"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ShowTitleBar" my:Value="true"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ShowActionBar" my:Value="true"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ShowPreview" my:Value="false"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ShowSearchControl" my:Value="false"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="EnableSelection" my:Value="true"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="SingleSelection" my:Value="true"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ItemClickBehavior" my:Value="ModelessDialog"/>
        <my:Property my:Name="ReadOnly" my:Value="true"/>
    </my:Properties>
    </my:Control>

</my:Grouping>

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 3:53 PM
  • ok, as you can not manually disable or hide the button by property as far as i know, the only thing i have on my mind is to duplicate this control.

Build another control without the button, so when user click on the objects in the ListView they are automaticly open the object read-only (this is portal default).

then create to attributes for all user object. one for control with button, one for control without button.

use the both attributes to control the visible property of the both controls.

I've done this with a couple of Controls and Tabs, for example tabs that only should be available to admins.

I know, not very neat, but so is portal at the current version
    Maybe someone other has a better solution

Hope that helps

Peter

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Thanks. I am not sure how can I use the 2 new attributes for visible property. How will it make the difference? Currently the my:RightsLevel="{Binding Source=rights, Path=Sponsorships}". So, bothe controls are available to users as well as admin. If I change path='some other attribute' then that control is not available to anyone.
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:30 PM
  • you can use the new attributes on my:visible="{Binding Source=object, Path=IsAdmin}"

the helper attributes should be boolean, like IsAdmin and IsUser, like this you feed the visible with the true or false value to control which one is presented to users and which one to admin.

You must set These 2 Attribute for all current and new object, make sure everyone has set the attributes to true or false otherwise you get an error on the RCDC if the value is empty.

Edit: I looked to my System and it seems to me that you can only bind an Attribute value to to visible tag of a tab, so you must create two Tabs, one for admins, one for users

• Edited by Peter_Stapf Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:50 AM
    • Marked as answer by fim_sc Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:27 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:00 PM
  • Thank you very much!!
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:28 AM