none
Change password no working

Question

• Good Morning

Since some security updates there are users who when they want to change the password of the following error

. It is impossible to change it on my laptop because it displays a message "The system detects a possible attempt to compromise the security, the security of being able to contact the server than the authentic one"

Have you reported this problem? Happens more or less since August.

Active directory on windows server 2008 r2

Clienes, windows 7 enterprise

Thank you for advance 

Monday, November 28, 2016 3:08 PM

All replies

• Monday, November 28, 2016 3:34 PM
  • Hello,

This proves it but it has not worked.

Also stop the firewall server and client without success
    Monday, November 28, 2016 4:10 PM
  • Hi

As mentioned you should check TCP port 88 and UDP port 88 connectivity for not blocked.You can verify with Microsoft Network Monitor ; https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Monday, November 28, 2016 5:58 PM
  • Thank you very much for your help and patience

I am still a very junior person in the IT world.

Okay, I'll check the software you send me. Do they have any manuals or instructions to see if the traffic 88 leaves the computer?

Monday, November 28, 2016 10:12 PM
  • I still add that the ports of your day tasted and they were fine.

Everything happened with an update, but with the accumulation of security patches and the nose what is giving me this error

Do you know or have you reported anything about this?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/error-the-system-detected-a-possible-attempt-to/fe2e6aa6-32db-4f05a-a55b-53274e366e8d
    Monday, November 28, 2016 10:18 PM
  • Hi,
    You could choose another working client without this error message while changing password, and then use network monitor tool to capture and compare network traffic between a working machine and the problematic one and see if any other ports are blocked, instead of port 88.
    For example, TCP and UDP 464 are used for: Replication, User and Computer Authentication, Trusts; Kerberos change/set password
    I have seen that others who have the similar problem fixed the issue by opening TCP port 60/66/1514/464, but it depends on variable scenarios.
    In addition, you could refer to the similar thread as below which discussed many suggested methods, you could have a try:
    possible attempt to compromise security
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/f8e84fe8-f756-435c-b816-07e0ce73881d/possible-attempt-to-compromise-security?forum=w7itprosecurity
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:15 AM