my Toshiba laptop webcam application won't work? RRS feed

• Question

• My new laptop computer (toshiba satellite L500D-16L) with windows 7 Home Premium was downloading updates when I turned it off (after I got the wireless internet) I didn't know anything about the updates and hadn't clicked to allow them.
    So I tried to get rid of the updates by removing programs via 'control panel' then 'add or remove programs'. I did something wrong (I think) because when I turned the computer back on, the tab at the side of the desktop which accesses the webcam had gone, and when I went into 'all programs' to find it and clicked (it was still there in the menu), it said in a box that came up:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA Web Camera Application\ TWebCamera.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe for detail.

the box had a red circle with an X in it and you could only click 'ok' in the box

I don't know what to do at all because I don't understand what the box said so please help!
    I'm no computer expert at all so please give me a solution I will understand.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I would suggest to post this in a Toshiba forum or contact their support.

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:41 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Friday, July 8, 2011 1:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:56 AM