App-V client UI options grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created a stand alone App-V server.  On my workstation, when I open the App-V client UI, the 'Update' and 'Download All Virtual Applications' options are grayed out.  I am also unable to run the app-v powershell cmdlets or find where to download them from.  I have also installed the client UI on the server itself, but the options are also grayed out there, but I do have some of the powershell cmdlets on the server, minus a few.

My question is, it appears that the client UI is in offline mode, how would I get the client UI to connect to the stand alone server to have those options not grayed out.  Through my research, I have seen suggestions for powershell cmdlets, and a GPO with the connection information.  I have the ADMX templates for App-V, but do not see where I can configure connection information.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Friday, March 13, 2015 1:56 PM

All replies

• On the endpoint where the App-V client is installed, start PowerShell and run Import-Module AppVClient

Any errors there?

If not, then run Get-AppVPublishingServer -ServerID 1

This should display the information about your "standalone" server.

If not, the run: Add-AppvPublishingServer -Name "StandAlone Server" -URL <http://SERVER:PORT>

Then: Sync-AppVPublishingServer -ServerID 1

Now, look at the client GUI. If you have published any packages to the endpoint or user, they should be there.

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:35 PM
  • I get this error when trying to import the module.

'The specified module 'AppVClient' was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.'

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client UI, but still the same result when running import-module appvclient.

Friday, March 13, 2015 9:48 PM
  • Hello,

You would need the App-V Client (and its powershell modules) installed properly for the GUI to be able to interact with it. 

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Saturday, March 14, 2015 9:10 AM