none
Unable to search ADgroup using distinguishname properties RRS feed

• Question

• I am running below command

get-ADGroup -Filter {DistinguishedName -eq "CN=_ClaimsCalendarEditorDelete,OU=RSA,OU=NME,DC=CAN,DC=GBL,DC=UDS,DC=RSA-INS,DC=COM"}

and getting results but when i try to run same command against other groups that i am part of like exchange organization management and Lync admin groups , i dont get any results.

I have already set the adserver settings to viewentireforest to true and even that is not helping

I even tried to do get-adgroup -filter {Name -like "*"} | where-object {$_.distinguishedname -eq "CN=_ClaimsCalendarEditorDelete,OU=RSA,OU=NME,DC=CAN,DC=GBL,DC=UDS,DC=RSA-INS,DC=COM"}

even that does not show any results , is there is a limitation to listing admin security groups or i am missing something .
    I want to be able to do simple get-adgroup -filter {distinguishedname -eq "CN=_ClaimsCalendarEditorDelete,OU=RSA,OU=NME,DC=CAN,DC=GBL,DC=UDS,DC=RSA-INS,DC=COM" } and then use in removing the member of the security group.

Monday, March 17, 2014 5:30 PM

Answers

• If you're using the distinguished names and you know they're correct, you don't need the filters:

Get-ADGroup -Identity "CN=_ClaimsCalendarEditorDelete,OU=RSA,OU=NME,DC=CAN,DC=GBL,DC=UDS,DC=RSA-INS,DC=COM" -Server 'DC1:3268'

If you only know the name, filter by the group name:

Get-ADGroup -Filter { name -eq "_ClaimsCalendarEditorDelete" } -Server 'DC1:3268'

• Marked as answer by Nitinswa Tuesday, March 18, 2014 7:17 PM
    Monday, March 17, 2014 6:52 PM