none
Email Notification on User Provision RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys,

I have users imported from Different Active Directory forests that are synced to a central forest. Now the question is how would i set the outbound provisioning workflow to send a notification email to a specific users with the details of all the users that are being synced. 

The real question is the last part. What Attribute to use inorder to have the workflow list ALL the users that are being synced 

Hany George | Consultant | IDC S.p.A | MCITP: Lync Server | MCITP: Exchange 2010 | MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://dusk1911.wordpress.com/ | If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:59 AM

All replies

• Hello Hany,

You want to send one mail for all users that are being synced?

I'm afraid that is not possible by design... You can send one mail per user.

If you wan the second option, I recommend you to set a boolean attribute, flow by an inbound flow from your existing  sync rule and trigger notification when the flag pass to true.

Regards,

Sylvain

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Hi Sylvain, thanks for your reply. But what i actually need is to send one email to the admin saying that this is the list of the users that have been written to AD 

So if i there is 20 users being newly synced, one admin should be notified of the list of users as there are additional actions to be taken 

Hany George | Consultant | IDC S.p.A | MCITP: Lync Server | MCITP: Exchange 2010 | MCTS: OCS | Blog: http://dusk1911.wordpress.com/ | If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 9:43 AM
  • You could use Granfeldt's PSMA to do this, script that collects all the users in a single array and then passes that array to your email message.

Maybe a little overkill, but hey, it would work.

Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:52 AM
  • Hi Hany,

With FIM, as per workflow designed you can drop a mail per user to the admin, i.e. if 20 users are added then admin will get 20 mails.

Just an idea : You can try writing a script to send mail in MV Rules extension and make some condition for new users somewhat like Connectors Count = 0, i.e. for newly provisioned users. In that mail body you can put all the new users detail in one.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Proposed as answer by Manuj Khurana Thursday, July 31, 2014 10:09 AM
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:26 AM
  • What about creating some sort of custom FIM report and have System Center mail that report to the Admins on a daily basis?  I agree that without some sort of creative coding send one email with the 20 users is not out of the box.  Your problem is "somewhat" similar to this post on how to find who has registered for password reset.  Perhaps this would give you an idea of some other ways to approach this problem.

Scott

If this post has been useful please click the green arrow to the left or click Propose as answer

Thursday, July 24, 2014 10:46 AM